Friday, February 24, 2012

Eureka Seven Sequel Trailer

OH YEAH, YES BABY!

"Eureka Seven", one of my favorite anime TV shows of all time, is getting a sequel.  And I'm really happy about that.  Its called "Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean" or "AO" for short.  Here's a trailer for you lovelies:


So, unlike "Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows" or whatever that godawful cheap cash-in of a movie was called, "Eureka Seven: AO" is using whole new animation with whole new characters to make a whole new story.  Its set in the near-future in Okinawa, where a kid that looks exactly like Renton Thurston meets the Nirvash and apparently goes on giant robot adventures.  So even though its a "sequel", its set well before the events of "Eureka Seven: Original Flavor" which was set in the deep future when Earth doesn't even look like Earth anymore.  I'm not sure how that works.  The kid, whose name is also "Ao", has teal hair in the manga, making him look like Eureka and Renton's child.  But in the anime, its brown.  I don't understand how that works.

"Eureka Seven: AO" is airing in Japan in April, so I'll be watching that as soon as it gets subbed and posted on the Internet.  Then we'll find out if Studio BONES can make lightning strike twice with this show.  I have my doubts, but I'm still stupidly excited.  See you then!

2 comments:

  1. ow, that must be in my watchlist,, the thing that I want to ask you,, what is the relationship eureka 7 series with eureka 7 the movie?? and I still don't understand about the ending of eureka 7 series, where is renton and eureka ??,, thnx before, and sorry for my bad english, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AO is blue in japanese. and Astral Ocean is blue, right? what a coincidence. haha! anyways, i've been collecting Eureka Seven stuffs since it's first year of airing on TV. i really got addicted to this anime. and guess what, it's all original which i got from PIJ. here's their link Click here

    ReplyDelete