Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Magicite Madness II


This Friday at the Final Fantasy Wiki, I and a certain lizard-creature named "Drake Clawfang" will be co-hosting a Final Fantasy character tournament, named "Magicite Madness II".  Three years ago (or maybe longer) the wiki held a tournament called "Magicite Madness" where dozens of classic and not-so-classic Final Fantasy characters came together and had an epic brawl for supremacy.  In the end, only one character could possibly have been voted No. 1, and that was Vivi.

Now, I don't think that the tastes of the Final Fantasy fandom have changed much, but the tournament was silly fun and was probably worth repeating.  So 256 characters have been picked from all across the Final Fantasy epochs, both good and bad, famous and obscure, to come together and fight in glorious battle for the chance to dethrone Vivi as the Ultimate Champion of the Universe.

So this coming Friday, come by the Final Fantasy Wiki and get voting.  Only you can decide who the champion will be.  Enjoy.

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

10 comments:

  1. Ha, I remember that. Should be interesting. I haven't done anything on the FFWiki for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for you to post this. I found out you're back and was gonna cuss you out, but too late :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I might as well participate. I forgot I registered a Wikia account for the purpose of editing the Chzo Mythos wiki, which I have done once and never since. Aren't I a insperashun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna vote :P
    *waves Drake over*
    hey, help me stuff the balots for Kefka :P
    -- Original NeoBahamut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done voting for the current round. That was fun, Mr. Ghost of Christmas Past :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished myself. Didn't vote for everything, though; if I didn't know the characters and neither really "spoke" to me, I gave it a miss.

    Also, SNES Part B was a joke. Umaro had no chance against Cecil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I know. I chose the fighters, and set up the bracket list, but I didn't pair the fighters up. That was done completely randomly. So while there are interesting fights in Round 1 like Firion vs. Cloud of Darkness and Red Mage vs. Black Mage, we have hopeless fights as well, such as Cecil vs. Umaro.

    At the very least we can be assured that Umaro never was going to win this tourney anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I must admit it is good to get the junk characters out of the way as soon as possible. Pretty impressive that you were able to double the roster from last time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought that Ultros v. Bartz was particular humorous. There are VERY few people who would choose Bartz over the comedic Ultros.

    ReplyDelete