My predictions were... wrong. A lot wrong. But that's not what I'm annoyed about. This was not a good Oscars Show, and I do not have much good to say about. I'm glad "Birdman" won, but otherwise, there were not many great moments to speak of. This was a great Best Picture field, and there were many great nominees, 2014 still was a fantastic year for movies. But goddamn was this show boring. Really mad that Michael Keaton lost. It really hurts when a slogging show needed a great spark like that.
For giggles, here are my (almost certainly wrong) Predictions for the 2016 Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees:
1. In the Heart of the Sea, Ron Howard movie about an 18th century boat sinking
2. Joy, David O. Russell ("American Gangster", "Silver Linings Playbook") with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, AGAIN
3. The Hateful Eight, Quentin Tarantino movie, all you need to know
4. The Revenant, Inarritu Makes Western
5. The Sea of Trees, Gus Van Sant, McConahhey, suicide forest Japan
6. Brooklyn, Sundance favorite, Irish romantic comedy starring Saoirse Ronan
7. Untitled Speilberg Spy Thriller
8. Carol, Cate Blanchette and Rooney Mara are totes lesbians yo in the 1960s
9. Steve Jobs, biopic starring Michael Fassbender
10. Queen of the Desert, Werner Hertzog, he's overdue, critics will love it.