Wednesday, November 17, 2010

.000015 Seconds of Fame

So when Joystiq was looking for the most ridiculous and pathetic sign of Final Fantasy fanboy whining, what ever person could they pick other than me, the Big Dog?  In their article "Begin complaining, because Vaan is in Dissidia Duodecim", which documents the fanbase's reaction to the awful crime that is the combination of Vaan, the piss-poor so-called-"hero" of "Final Fantasy XII" and "Dissidia 2", they decided to take one of my GameFAQs posts!!  (I use the name "BlueDragmire" on their forums because my regular sig was taken somehow.)  Which sadly... is the most famous I've ever gotten.  But its something!  Its an honor to have my childish overreactions to a design decisions to a game I don't even want to play featured like this.

This is... this is the happiest day of my life.  (sniff)  Its so beautiful.  There's so many people I need to thank.  I need to thank Square Enix for making a game that just connected with me in no way a game ever has - turning me into a raving lunatic.  I need to thank my Mom, Dad, and Grandma, for always being there for me, showing me that even though I may be pretty ridiculous right now, I can always go further.  And I need to thank the Academy for always having such cliched speeches that are so easy to parody for a cheap gag.

YES!

11 comments:

  1. Good to see that those countless paragraphs of hating Vaan have finally been recognized! Bravo, Mr. Highwind (or Mr. Dragmire, as chance would have it). Bravo, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, bravo man. That's pretty awesome.

    Also, you wrote hour instead of honor, but I don't blame you.

    Keep it goin' man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Apparently you have developed a little bit of a hate base on the Dissidia 2 boards as well. Whatever though, at least half of the people on there talk like they bang their head against the wall for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Done, Mate!

    (gives a slap on the back)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allow me to play devil's advocate here and point out that this addition makes Dissidia 012 a Vaan murder simulator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous: FFXII was a Vaan-murder simulator. There were hundreds of ways to get him killed in that game - and I tried them all out at least once. I left him at level 12 and sent him to clear mines. Or then I'd have Fran fire up a Scathe and use it on him. Vaan died a lot and I laughed every time. I laughed hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pitted Vaan vs Penelo with no equipment, to see whose base stats were higher. Vaan won nearly everytime though :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was ALMOST my reaction when I learned this bit of info. BTW, congrats! Hope you get more well known! ^_^

    Here's hoping Gilgamesh gets confirmed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There may have been 1001 ways to kill Vaan in FFXII, but how many times did Tifa murderlize him?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something he should be happy about is Kain, the dragoon, and FUCKING GILGAMESH! And Lightning too if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. If you want to get Gilgamesh, you need to look through the reports, they have movies inside them.

    ReplyDelete