Friday, April 9, 2010

Short Break

I am not be able to update this blog with as much frequency as I have in the past.  Unfortunately, in the light of a personal tragedy, all the stupid bullshit I typically write about just seems empty and hollow.  I'm entirely not in the mood for my usual brand of nonsense -  at least for a little while.  Nothing about this was planned or anything, as tragedies never are.  I should be up to writing again in a week or two, hopefully I can finish my SoulSilver log then.

On a more important matter, I would like to ask for some help.  My baby cousin is very very sick and we only found out just yesterday.  He's the sweetest little thing you'll ever see - this is entirely not fair.  If you could only meet him, you'd want to hold him in your arms forever, he's so lovable.  I feel so damn helpless...  What can one do in this situation?  So if you're religious at all, please give a simple prayer for him.  And if you're passing at a McDonald's, please, throw some change in the Ronald McDonald House Charity Box.  They've helped my family out considerably.  Thanks.

Things will be back online here soon enough.  But at the moment I have far bigger priorities.

17 comments:

  1. Oh......

    I hope your baby cousin gets better, Blue. If I'm not being to personal, what's his illness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your baby cousin! =( I definitely will drop some money off in the McDonald's charity box, and I'll say a prayer for him too. I think we all understand completely that you won't be blogging, however, I think it's important you keep yourself busy right now. Do what you can, but even more do what keeps you occupied, otherwise you'll be too steeped in worry and lose focus when you need it the most.

    I wish I could offer more help. I really hope he gets better really soon. You've got a blog full of readers who all wish the same thing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm not religious, but I do wish with my deepest empathy that your cousin recovers from whatever is ailing him. The world is so unfair in many ways, especially when innocent children suffer while corrupt, evil man bask in wealth and happiness. We're all wishing for your cousin to feel better, and for he, you, and your whole family to swiftly and without pain get through this difficult time in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll pray for him, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything works out, Blue. Having a sick child in the family is very difficult, so I'll have no trouble praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear this, and I hope everything works out for him in the end. I know how tough things must be right now, my four year old cousin had a bout with Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm horribly sorry to hear about both your cousin. I sincerely hope that he recovers from whatever ails him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All my hopes are with him and your family. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite sad...yesterday was that plane crash in Russia, which touched me personally. Today I read this...I will pray for your cousin so that he may hopefully come to full health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. take care, i hope your cousin gets better soon, it's so cruel when young children get ill. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really sorry for you and your cousin, but don't give up! Stupid nonsense is what can keep you going through dark times!
    XYZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to say, but the news isn't looking all that well. My little cousin is going to be in the hospital all Summer. Oh, he's going to miss his big brother so much... This isn't fair at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really sorry for you and your cousin. I hope that your cousin recovers from this illness. I will be sure to donate my money to the Ronald MacDonald charity fund.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm...all summer? That sucks....wish there was more we could do, but for now we'll continue donating and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man. That's harsh. Though I'm not the praying kind of guy, I really do hope he gets better, and doesn't have to stay cooped up any longer than summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Condolences, im truely sorry and I hope your cousin gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete