Friday, June 11, 2010

New Layout (Again)

I hate to constantly be changing the layout of the blog every few months, but alas, I wanted to play with Blogger's new Blog Template editor.  From day one I've been annoyed by how thin the blog was - on just about every single resolution massive amounts of space is wasted.  So I needed to shift to a whole new design in order to increase blog width, and more important:  post width.  The posts were so thin and claustrophobic that it was driving me quite simply insane.  You can't squeeze an idea down into just 400px, it needs space to fill out and breath.  The thin post width also repeatedly forced me to use smaller versions of than what I wanted.

But otherwise we're (and by "we", I mean "me") are exactly the same here at Planet Blue.  The layout might change a bit later on in the week, but I'm making a solemn promise to not change the blog layout again for another two years.  If I let myself go, I could spend days constantly fiddling with the design.  So let's try to avoid that.

I'm always glad for your readership and other vague forms of support.  Thanks!  You guys might not be Space Monkees anymore, but you're still a great audience.

9 comments:

  1. I really like this new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it, it looks neater somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new layout, but you really should add the CSS rule "a:visited{#220D9F;}" to the global stylesheet. This will prevent visited links from going red like they do now, which doesn't look that great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is neat, but a little too grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And add the rule "margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;" to the header image, that will center it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, your header's entire composition is now a mess

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't care how the blog looks, it's the words that the blog consists of that matters.

    And I've gone from being a Space Monkie to a Space Monkee to nothing at all, so I've decided just be a Space Monkeh, no matter what anybody says. Otherwise I get confused.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @wee187 I do actually prefer the epithet space monkie rather than just faceless reader.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need to fix the banner up top. Also, I liked the whole "Space Monkey" thing, added a spark to your character. You still have great articles though, I guess that's what matters the most.

    ReplyDelete