Friday, December 31, 2010

Congratulations, Refia!

Wikis suck.  If you ever are tempted to become a member of one - don't.  Instead vandalize, that's far healthier for you.  And more fun.  Yes, wikis can be a nice hobby and give a limited illusion of community, but they're also massively stupid, Communist enterprises.  If you ever have fantasies about being stuck in horrible empty-headed bureaucracies and confusing committees, its perfect for you.  Never before in the history of humankind have basic issues ever become more complicated with legal-jargon, precedents, and the voices of a million people debating with a million different ideas.  And usually it will be over something like whether the character template should be blue or beige.  I know from experience, there's nothing to be gained from being a part of a wiki.

Anyway, a few months ago I started Magicite Madness II with Drake Clawfang, at the Final Fantasy Wiki.  All it was supposed to be was a fan poll, nothing complicated.  256 characters in the series battling for the position of most popular - that's it.  Sadly its become a complete disaster.  Terra is the Champ, and just for fun, I wanted her to fight Vivi, the previous Champion for the title of Ultimate Champion.  Unfortunately three people were in charge with three different ideas of what the rules should be, and everything fell apart.  I share part of the blame for it, mostly because I let another person get involved when it should have just been me and Drake.  This could only happen on a wiki, by the way.  Terra had more votes than Vivi, but she won thanks to annoymous votes, and...  you know, it doesn't matter.  Its stupid.  The whole thing is stupid and it ceased being fun.  I don't care anymore.

So I'm declaring Refia to be the real winner of Magicite Madness II because she's pretty.  I know that doesn't make any sense, but neither does any other conclusion.  Also Refia is pretty.  So that's that.  Congratulations, Refia!

4 comments:

  1. *clap* *clap* *clap*

    Heh, it really was stupid. I always find it interesting how do many people joined the FF Wiki all because of you, including me. Your walkthrough's were awesome, pretty much whatever you did was troll-central lulz. And yet despite plain bad moderation/administration you were sort of cast aside. My hat's off to you Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you stayed on as long as you did. For the past two years I've just used it for walkthroughs or the Dollet Hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole MMII thing was fun, but I agree. The final battle was a just a useless piece of discussion shit. Who cares about it anymore? I know I don't.

    And Enuo won, you heretics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After looking at the wiki it is kind of sad that people are still making such a big deal out of MMII even a week after it has ended. How people are still managing to give a shit about it is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete