Saturday, July 24, 2010

Me Sketches

Just a little sketch I did of my Internet avatar. There's a forward facing version too but I seem to have misplaced it.  I'm something of a mildly talented drawer, why should I have to rely on Akihiko Yoshida for my mask?  Note the quantum nose - it appears and disappears according to angle, just like Yoshida oddly enough.  I gotta color one of these though, because as mere pencil sketches they don't show up well enough to replace the Luneth Dragoon image I have now.  Essentially this is a truer version of the mental projection of my digital self.

Note the symbol on Blue's breastplate.  I've decided that this will be the replacement for the Q?.  It will just show up at the bottom of posts for no real reason really.  Its like a signature I guess.  If you want to know what it means, its a Japanese letter (specifically of the katakana script) which is called "tsu".  I don't fully understand the sound it makes:   according to Wikitonary its a "choked sound", whatever that means.  I think its something akin to a pronunciation mark like a Spanish tilde or something.  Actually I don't really care what it means or represents, because it looks like a happy smiley face.  Its even better than the emoticon =).

So that's really all I have to say here, be seeing you guys.

Update:  I wasn't aware of this at the time, but this actually is my 100th post.  So... horray!

11 comments:

  1. If it's katakana, which it is, then it makes the sound that is "tsu". It's not really a choking noise, it's just a "soo" noise that starts with a really rough, t-ish, sounds. Thus, tsu.

    Nice drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have drawn yourself wielding the Lance of Longinus from Evangelion. That would have been awesome.

    But, yeah, that's a great drawing. I really like the helmet, and 3/4 view is my favourite thus far. Looking forward to seeing the coloured version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty good, I'm curious as to how you'll colour it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think "tsu" is pronounced as "zu'(h)" or something like it. Once again a sound that's no problem to pronounce in Swedish...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool drawings. I kind of wish I could draw sometimes, but I have trouble with straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you pay attention to the spears, you can tell I can't draw a straight line either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You forgot the Q? on his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a suggestion, maybe you should change the "... is a loyal desciple of BlueHighwind" userbox on FFwiki to have the Q? be a ツ

    ReplyDelete